National Russian Fed. (RU) /Embarkation Russian Fed. (RU)
Transit Netherlands (NL) /Destination Suriname (SR)
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Holders of onward tickets transiting TWOV is not possible when arriving from a non-Schengen Member State AND departing to a Schengen Member State
Transit Without Visa (TWOV): Passing through an international transit area of the airport in order to board a connecting (or to proceed by the same) flight, without entering the country (i.e. clearing immigration).
Unless stated otherwise, passengers wishing to TWOV must: - be en-route to a third country (e.g. itinerary TYO-LON-TYO is not considered TWOV);
- prove that they will continue their journey within the prescribed period (e.g. hold onward tickets);
- have documents required for entry into the country of destination and for transit through countries en-route;
- remain in the transit area (airside) or on the aircraft.
Baggage belonging to TWOV passengers must be checked through to their final destination.
TWOV is not intended for those holding stand-by tickets, e.g. airline staff or other passengers travelling on industry discount.
The TWOV regulations apply for transit at a Schengen airport as follows:
1. Arriving from a NON-Schengen country AND Departing to a Schengen country: TWOV applies: NO
2. Arriving from a NON-Schengen country AND Departing to a NON-Schengen country: TWOV applies: YES
3. Arriving from a Schengen country AND Departing to a Schengen country: TWOV applies: YES**
4. Arriving from a Schengen country AND Departing to a NON-Schengen country: TWOV applies: YES**
**Note: In case 3. and 4., passenger has already entered the Schengen Area, i.e. has already complied with entry requirements.
In case of a "double transit" (e.g. NYC-AMS-FRA-TYO) passenger will be entering the Schengen Area at the first point of transit (AMS). Therefore one must comply with ENTRY regulations of the first point (AMS).
TWOV is not possible if the following destination is a Schengen country for which a visa is required.
Visa Information-Destination Suriname (SR)
- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid at least 6 months on arrival.
Information for normal passports
Visa required, except for Holders of a proof of being of Surinamese origin, their spouses and children under 18 years of age, can obtain a single entry Tourist Card on arrival at Parimaribo International Airport (PBM), for a max. stay of 90 days. Fee: between USD 20.- and USD 25.-.
- Visitors arriving from a country without Suriname representation can obtain a visa on arrival for a max. stay of 2 months, provided holding pre-arranged approval. Fee:between USD 45.- and USD 65.-.
- Extension of stay available for a max. stay of 6 months for visitors of Suriname origin.
- Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused entry.