Steppe and Forest Tour
Adventure and deluxe fishing for trout and salmon from two select lodges in the Valdivian temperate rain forest and the Patagonian steppe.
This exciting trip enables the angler to enjoy the adventure of fishing in the most remote spots – way off the beaten track - but with all the creature comforts the lodges provide.
The itinerary combines two locations in the same area with completely different climates and vegetation crossed by two valleys where access is strictly limited.
- 1. Access to this location is only possible by jet boat. The location is in the Valdivian temperate rain forest, an area of lush vegetation and countless waterfalls as a result of the constant and characteristic rains.
- 2. The other valley where access is strictly limited is inside an enormous sheep ranch of about 560 square miles (145 000 ha. – 360 000 acres). It is surrounded by steppe and hills. Although the climate is dry there are countless extensions of water.
Where: XI region of Aysen, Chile
Accommodation: Deluxe fishing lodge, standard fishing lodge and fishing cabin
Capacity: 6 anglers
International Airport: Santiago de Chile
National Airport: Balmaceda (Coyhaique)
Species: Brown trout, rainbow trout and king salmon
When: November - April
Best time: December - Feb – March
Trip lasts: 13 days / 12 nights
Fishing days: 9 complete fishing days
Imagine lodges in the heart of virtually unexplored waters
The heavily forested valley offers nature, pure nature. An extensive area of local forest featuring stands of cypresses and Magellan’s beech which will be the heart of a private park.
Rivers, streams and stillwaters where large flies imitating terrestrials and dragon flies will tempt hefty brown trout and rainbows. Combine this fishing with half days at the lodgeside pools full of enormous king salmon.
Dream of a ranch just for you. A ranch with hundreds of rivers, ponds and spring creeks full of trout just waiting to be caught!
Just two hours drive away provides a completely different change of scenery: the impressive Patagonian steppe. This is an enormous playground full of streams, spring creeks, medium sized rivers and stillwaters with thriving populations of brown trout. Dry fly fishing! Towards the end of the fishing season king salmon swim upstream in one of the most beautiful fly fishing rivers of Chile.
There are secluded rivers and stillwaters that are rarely or ever fished throughout the fishing season. Ivan Tarin of SALVELINUS has designed a program with the Head Guide of the ranch guides to access a selection of these trout waters, which are hardly ever fished. Access is via specific trips or stays in one of the supplementary cabins in the ranch.
Price: 4900 €
- Transfer: Balmaceda Airport - lodge in the forest
- Transfer: Lodge in the forest – Lodge in the steppes
- Transfer: Lodge in the steppe – Balmaceda Airport
- 10 nights in double room with bathroom
- Full board. Meals accompanied by fine wines.
- Pre – dinner cocktails
- 8,5 days fishing in different sectors
- Fly fishing guide (1 guide for every 2 anglers)
- Boats for fishing
- Transfer to the fishing locations
Does not include:
- International and domestic flights
- Personal expenditure and telephone calls
- Fishing equipment/tackle and accessories
- Fishing permit (50 € approx.)
- Tips and gratuities
- Any other service not specifically referred to in “includes”
Day 1 Night: Departure from the airport of your choice.
International flight to Santiago de Chile
Day 2 Morning: Arrival Santiago de Chile Airport.
Domestic flight: Santiago de Chile – Balmaceda (Coyhaique ) (2,5 hours)
Midday: Arrival Balmaceda Airport
Transfer to the lodge in the Valdivian forest (3 hours)
Days 3-6 4 complete days fishing. Each day a different location
Day 7 Morning: transfer to the lodge on the steppe (2 hours)
Half day fishing with guide in the main valley
Days 8-11 4 complete days fishing in different locations
Day 12 Morning: Transfer to Balmaceda Airport (3,5 hours)
Domestic flight: Balmaceda–Santiago de Chile (2,5 hours)
Evening: Arrival Santiago de Chile Airport
Evening/night: Flight from Santiago de Chile to the airport of your choice
Day 13 Morning: Arrival to your airport.
* Time to relax, perhaps a stroll on the trails near the lodges
* Tub of hot water – a complete relax
* Bird watching
* Observation of local flora and the woods
* Horseback rides and excursions
* Float trip down river and visits to waterfalls
* Traditional gaucho party
* Visit the ranch installations
Hiking into virtually unexplored valleys